Cult of Covid : Interview With A Karen


Karen is an average, ordinary woman living in England. We asked her to explain her decision to comply with every single government 'covid' regulation no matter how absurd or scientific they might be...  

99endof: DO YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE GOVERNMENT SAYS ABOUT COVID-19?

I believe they're doing their best. I get really pissed off at crazy people who think Covid-19 is a hoax. How stupid can you be? It says a lot about them that they just blindly believe stuff they've seen on the internet while ignoring sources like the BBC and SAGE. Remember it was the World Health Organisation who confirmed that everyone on earth was in danger friom this disease, but way too many people still refuse to listen to the experts and take the necessary precautions to keep everyone safe. It's not as if the governments  wanted this to happen. 

99endof: WHAT DO YOU SAY TO PEOPLE WHO THINK THE GOVERNMENT IS USING COVID-19 AS AN EXCUSE TO GRAB POWER AND TAKE AWAY FREEDOMS?

I say don't be so paranoid. If we have to give up a little freedom temporarily in order to save lives, who wouldn't go along with that? It's just wrong to object to the government taking control when there is a genuine international emergency like this one.  If we just let everybody think for themselves and do whatever they like we'd have utter chaos, so it makes sense for me and everyone else to do what's right.  But doing the right thing to  beat Coronavirus also means I get to help out others and save lives. That's what the NHS and the police are doing and we should all do our best to help them. 

99endof: ARE YOU HAPPY TO OBEY WHATEVER RULES THE GOVERNMENT MAKES UP?

There are very good reasons for the rules. It wasn't long after Covid appeared that the scientists explained how face-coverings could help  save lives, for example. It was pretty obvious when you think about it -if you're in a mask then the Covid can't get in or out. But the mask business has become a whole thing now. I know some people get really wound up about it but they shouldn't. As time went by I realised wearing the mask changes other things about how we should think, feel and behave. It's not just about me anymore -it's about all of us, working together. I'd never worn a mask before, and some surprising stuff occured to me when it became an everyday thing.  Covering my face reminds me to think beyond me and my own selfish interests. I remember we have a  collective responsibility.  The mask is not just for me, but for you too. Yes, the mask hides my identity and protects me from being recognised, but it marks me out as a responsible, good citizen. 

99endof: DOESN'T THE MASK MARK YOU OUT AS A PUPPET OF THE STATE?

No way. I know I am doing the right thing, and this makes me a kind of asset of the state. The state does its duty by explaining what we have to do - and I do my duty by obeying. If the Prime Minister is prepared to wear a mask so am I. But my duty doesn't stop at the mask; I can help the government and police to encourage responsible behaviour, by confronting the uncooperative types who are not wearing their masks, and letting them know how much people like me reject their selfish attitude.

CLICK HERE : WATCH VACCINATED AMERICANS EXPLAIN WHY THEY STILL WEAR MASKS 

99endof: DO YOU THINK THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HAVE THE POWER TO FORCE PEOPLE TO STAY OFF THE STREETS, OR DEMAND THEY WEAR MASKS AROUND OTHER PEOPLE?

Like the Prime Minister said, we're all in this together -or at least we should be. People who won't wear masks or socially distance or -worst of all- refuse to get vaccinated, are dangerous idiots who could destroy our combined efforts to beat the virus. The vaccines are completely safe and 95% effective, which is an amazing achievement. 

99endof: IF THE VACCINES ARE SO GREAT, WHY SHOULD YOU CARE IF SOME OTHER PEOPLE DON'T TAKE THEM? YOU'RE SAFE SO WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? 

We'll never be free of Covid-19 so long as some people won't get vaccinated. Nobody is safe until everyone is safe. I can understand that and so should everybody else. Remember the virus can change. All sorts of variants might appear and we'll need new vaccines to deal with them. As the experts say, it's a race between the virus and the vaccines.

99endof: THEN WHAT YOU'RE DESCRIBING IS A FUTURE OF ENDLESS MASKS, ENDLESS SOCIAL DISTANCING AND ENDLESS VACCINES. DO YOU EXPECT EVERYONE TO LIVE LIKE THAT FOREVER?

What's the alternative? Are we just supposed to let the virus run wild until the hospitals are full and the NHs collapses and bodies start piling up in the streets?

99endof: WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THE FACT THAT COVID-19 HAS A FATALITY RATE OF LESS THAN ZERO POINT ONE?

That's rubbish. It's the typical kind of thing you hear from the conspiracy theory people who believe everything they read on the Internet.

99endof: ACTUALLY THAT'S FROM THE UK OFFICE OF NATIONAL STATISTICS.   

You can make statistics prove anything. I know Covid is a very real, very dangerous virus and it's time we all just faced up to the reality that it might never be defeated and we'll just have to fight against it until it's stamped out forever.

Ian Andrew-Patrick

99endof supports no political party or ideology. The individual is what matters here, and the freedoms for which we are obliged to fight. Huge thanks to everyone taking the time to help out by sharing and reposting our articles and links with friends and colleagues.Many thanks for your support.

   

Comments

  1. Yesterday I had a similar online conversation with a friend, a highly intelligent Welshman in his 70's who now lives and still works in Switzerland as a legal expert in Swiss finance.
    The conversation evolved in a very similar manner.
    He believes that there should be restrictions on people who refuse to have the C-19 vaccination.
    I asked whether he has the same attitude regarding the flu jab, since the flu kills on average at least 28 people per day in England and Wales even in a good 'flu year, and more than double that in a bad one, and I know he never has his flu jab.
    Of course he replied "no, becausd C-19 is much more infectious and dangerous than flu."

    I asked if he therefore thought that the life of a person who dies from 'flu is less important than the life of someone who dies from C-19. He replied that it's all a matter of degree, and that if we had as relaxed an attitude to Covid as we do to the flu, it's questionable if we would even have a civilisation in a few years.

    That seems to be the general attitude amongst the majority of people I speak to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

More from 99EndOf