Equal Rights for Trans-Vaxtivists


Everyone's talking about vaccine passports -do we want them? Should we want them? If we take the vaccine then shouldn't we be free to get on with life and stop behaving like terrified mice? Or is this unfair on people who simply don't want to be laboratory rats for Big Pharma to experiment on? But while this argument rages, society is overlooking the very real threat to one important, often marginalised minority. I belong to that minority, and I'm not prepared to be discriminated against any longer. My name is Ian Andrew-Patrick, and I identify as vaccinated.

I began to realise I was different when I was twelve. This was shortly after my first vaccination - the 'BCG' as it was known in those days. We weren't asked if we wanted it. I never chose to be vaccinated. It just happened to me. They lined us up and jabbed us with needles. Some cried, some fainted, mostly we just shuffled through it and moved on. 

But I knew something important had changed inside me. Sure, I got a nasty scar on my arm. Yes, I felt like crap for a few days afterwards. And I will admit I began having some pretty wild dreams -fantastic scenes of strange criminal activities, nocturnal prowlings, and occasional adventures with disturbing sexual content. But all twelve year-old boys are prone to such things. The important truth was, I knew I had been vaccinated and nothing could ever change that. 

Outwardly I was just a 'normal' child in 1970's Glasgow. But inside was a different matter. While all the other kids were breaking their legs playing rugby, cracking each other's skulls with beer bottles or torturing insects, I stood apart, alone. I would think to myself "I wouldn't ever do those things - because I am vaccinated." And I was right. Half a century later, I have never broken a bone, cracked anyone's skull or tortured an insect. 

I began taking holidays abroad aged twenty five. Before my first trip to the Mediterranean people warned me that hot countries featured malaria-carrying mosquitoes and dangerous diseases not normally found in Britain. I was advised that if I wanted to stay safe the best option was to holiday in Torquay, or if I felt truly adventurous, Blackpool. But I shrugged off the warnings, ignored the siren voices imploring me to stay local. You see, I knew -with a conviction born of certainty- I was vaccinated.

I roamed at will on the islands of Greece. I rode motorcycles in Spain and climbed to hilltop castles in Italy. I danced on the nightclub floors of Paris and drank peasant vodka at the Czechoslovakian Grand National. I ate Goulash in Hungary, kissed the Deutsche girls on both sides of the Berlin wall, swam with Manta Rays in Barbados and dived into deep rock pools full of rusty bicycles in Yugoslavia. I was proud and fearless, and all because - I was vaccinated.  

I was vaccinated and I knew it. Nothing could ever change that. Nothing anyone said or did could make me unvaccinated. And the years sped by -the glorious years that saw vaccines appear for every concievable ailment. In the 1990's I met twenty year-olds who'd been vaccinated sixteen, eighteen times. By the year 2010 I met people who were vaccinated against flu every year (although they kept catching it anyway, curiously enough). Often people asked me - are you going to get the flu jab, and I would smile knowingly and reply - no need - I've been vaccinated. 

When the deadly killer virus appeared last year, I had no fear. I was vaccinated you see, right at the start, fifty years ago. I never made a big deal about it -I didn't go around wearing a badge with I WAS VACCINATED printed on it. Or a baseball cap or a T-shirt. Not me - I was just -quietly, discreetly proud of my status. 

Now the government wants to discriminate against anyone who hasn't been vaccinated with some particular vaccination. And that's just wrong. I was vaccinated, and I always have been, ever since, and I still am. That knowledge is inside me -it's my truth, my lived experience, it's who I am. If they're going to start handing out vaccine passports then it's my human right to have one. Because I am vaccinated. I identify as vaccinated. My pronouns are Vax, Vaxxy, Vaxalot. Don't be a hater. Let me be who I am.

Ian Andrew Vaxtrick

Please repost and share any and all articles and information you find on 99endof. We have no political agenda or allegiance to any party, large or small. 99endof supports the individual and the freedoms that must never be given up.

   
 



Comments

More from 99EndOf